8.01.2008

Scallop Flowers Stationary Box

So I finally finished the project my Mom and I were working on last Friday. The project that started the "Scallop Flower & Leaf Tutorial". Thank you for all of the fabulous comments I got on it. I hope I can do more tutorials in the future. Actually I finished my project a few days ago but finally took pictures today. This is not my original idea I got the idea from Jackie Topa who is incredibly creative. She is the creator of the Stationary Box but as soon as I saw it I knew I had to make it.

It looks just like a regular card box, right? Well that is where you are wrong. This card box features loads of surprises...


Would you believe that this box holds...3X3 Love Notes...Standard-Size Cards...Gift Tags...Stamps...a Pen....and an Address Book?



Well....Believe it!!

What a fabulous idea!! Here are all the goodies inside!!



Recipe: DSP--Berry Bliss; CS--Pretty in Pink, Very Vanilla, Green Galore, & Chocolate Chip; Ink--Chocolate Chip, Pretty in Pink (Marker), Green Galore (Marker); Stamps: For a Friend (Hostess Set); Ribbon--Pink Grosgain (non-SU!) and Tools--Stapler, Scallop Punch, 3/4" circle punch.

Of Course my Mom made one too! Here is her design:




I love how she cut out the flowers from the DSP using a punch. It was so creative and a fun way to look at the DSP other than just a sheet of paper.

Recipe: DSP--Berry Bliss; CS--Pretty in Pink, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Purely Pomegranate & Very Vanilla; Ink: Close to Cocoa & Chocolate Chip; Stamps--Embrace Life; Tools: 1" circle Punch. (I am guessing at her recipe since I was busy making my box and wasn't always paying attention to what she was using.)

These boxes are so beautiful....hmmmm! I'm thinking Christmas Presents, what about you?

1 comment:

Priscilla Heistad said...

This is a wonderful gift idea. I love your designs and color scheme. Great idea, Michelle!