7.29.2008

Basic Gray Experiment

Normally I would never pick gray for any project but today I made an exception. I have lots of Soft Sky cardstock that I would love to use up before the new colors come out. So I pulled out my new Fresh Cuts Stamp set (available in the new catalog) and began playing. As I was digging through my filing cabinet for some Whisper White I spotted the Basic Gray file. So I pulled out a piece of it set it next to the Soft Sky and "voila!" a color scheme is born. I think I am going to have to play with Basic Gray more often it is growing on me. :-)

I am trying to dress up my cards a bit, I tend to make very square cards (BORING, I know) so I experimented a bit with the Round Tab punch and really like how it seems to finish off the card. I am in love with the finished project. I also LOVE the double stitched ribbon we had this year, I hope it carries over into the new Catalog Look for it in the mail for an invitation to my upcoming Catalog debut party!!! I am sending it out to my fabulous customers as a special thank you gift for another great Stampin' Year!!

Recipe: Stamps--Fresh Cut; CS--Whisper White, Basic Gray & Soft Sky; Ink--Basic Gray & Soft Sky; Ribbon--Double-stitched Soft Sky; Embellishments--Pewter Brad; and Tools--Tab Punch.

No comments: