2.21.2009

Busy Week!

Where has the week gone?! I had every intention of posting earlier but the week, and the month, has just flown by! It feels like we just had stamp club and next week is our next meeting. Wow! I do have lots of goodies to post for you all so I hope you are ready! I had my downlines debut this week, worked on 100 wedding invitations (still working on those), designed two graduation announcement templates, finalized and mailed out the DSP swap, prepared a card for my shoebox swap, and made 5 cards for my Birthday Card Stamp-A-Stack (if you weren't here you missed out on some great cards, I will share later).

Today I went to the Whidbey Island Demonstrators Quarterly Shoebox Swap and Brunch. This is when the local demonstrators in my group meet and swap ideas, cards and laughs. This morning was no exception. Here are a few of the cards we made in the swap. There is quite a talented group of ladies here on Whidbey Island. My downline Barb couldn't make it to the event but here is a link to the beautiful card she designed for her debut workshop this past Thursday. She is a fabulous stamper and I am so blessed to have her on my stamping team!

This is Christie's card...


I never used to like buttons for cards and scrapbooking but I must admit they are growing on me. Especially the new corduroy buttons in the catalog. I think I am going to have to add buttons to my next shopping list.

This is Becca's card...

This is the Sale-A-Bration Designer Series Paper and the coordinating stamp set. Way too cute! This paper is gorgeous in person and the stamp set is cute too. I must admit I didn't like this stamps set but once I started to see what people are doing with it, I am beginning to like it.

This is Michele's card...


This card is beautiful because of it's simplicity. Her original design was much more simple than mine. I kept adding little embellishments here and there. Look for this card popping up at one of my events. =)

This is Jennifer's project...

How cute is this? Once again the Top Note Die is put to great use. I love this die and this project is so adorable. I think I may have to make some of these for Chloe's teacher's this spring as little thank you goodies.

This is Lynda's card...

This was done using the bleach technique (January's Stamp Club Technique). For this look--we embossed the lined image flower. Than using a very old, dried up blender pen (has to be an icky one because the bleach will destroy the tip) we bleached out inside the petals. We set it aside for about 30 minutes to make sure the bleach was no longer active. Than we water colored the petals using an Aquapainter. It almost looks like suede when you are finished. We made the scallop circle card using the Big Shot and the Scallop #2 die.

Here is my card for the swap. I told you it would turn up again!

It was a great morning and I am looking forward to our next event.

No comments: