2.25.2009

Baby Cards With Texture

I have been playing with my brand new Texturz plates for the Big Shot. They are wonderful! I love textured paper but hardly ever use it (why I am not exactly sure). I also love the look of dry embossing but once again never really take the time to do it. That is why I love these texture plates. They add so much to the look and feel of my cards.

Here are two cards my mom made (with some inspiration from moi) for some friends at work who are expecting. I thought they were adorable and had to share. The color combinations are so beautiful--Pale Plum, Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue. These are from retired stamp sets but these sets were way too cute to part with.

This card is for a baby girl. I don't generally think of hippos when I think of baby girls but this one is so cute! I love the purple.


Here is the texture plate we used--Eyelet (a SU! exclusive).


This adorable giraffe is for a baby boy. We didn't want to add a bow (too girly) so we wrapped the ribbon around the corners to add some dimension and a softer baby look.


Here is the texture plate we used--Harlequin (a SU! exclusive).


RECIPE: CS--Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery, Pale Plum and Whisper White; Stamps--Bundle of Joy & Bundled in Love; Ink--Certainly Celery, So Saffron, Pale Plum, Perfect Plum, & Apricot Appeal; and the Big Shot with Texturz Plates.

No comments: