9.07.2008

Apple Core Tutorial

School starts this week for us. Which always means a busier schedule for our entire family. It also means less time to stamp :-( since I teach a few hours a week and home school my oldest. Not to mention dance lessons, brownies, etc. and all the running around that comes with three kids. Time always seem to fly by once we are on the school schedule.

I saw an apple core card on Aimee Gandara's blog and I knew I wanted to CASE it. It was so cute and seem to fit the time of year perfectly. She didn't know who came up with this idea so I have no idea who the original artist is so I apologize for not being able to give proper credit. I have always had a thing for fruit, don't ask me why, I just think they are fun. I love the Tart and Tangy stamp set and as soon as I saw it I knew I had to have it! So here is my salute to fall and back to school.



1. As always gather your supplies...
RECIPE: CS--Real Red, Whisper White, & Old Olive; Ink--Real Red & Old Olive Markers, Basic Black Classic Ink; Stamps--Tart n' Tangy & Enjoy Every Moment; Ribbon--Real Red Grosgrain; and Punches--1 1/4 Circle, Scallop Edge, 1/16 handheld & Round Tab Punch


2. Color your apple with markers. Don't forget to breath on the stamp after you are done coloring it. This moistens the ink so you can stamp the image again. I used the Tart n' Tangy apple to make my own DSP for this card. I wanted a fun colorful look for this card (plus I am rearranging my office and stamp stuff and couldn't find my Summer Picnic DSP). :-)



3. Using the Round Tab Punch, punch out a white tab and a red one. The white one will be the core of the apple and the red one is the peel.



4. Gently and carefully tear off the top and bottom of the red tab. This will be the top and bottom of your apple core. Attach it to the white tab, making sure to match up the white and red edges. As simple as that you know have an apple core!




5. Add seeds, a stem and some leaves and you are all set. Don't know an easy way to make leaves? Go to this tutorial to learn how.


Aren't our punches fabulous? There is so much that you can do with them. Here is another picture of my finished card. I hope this card helps you get ready for autumn! I know it has put me into the "Fall Mood".

No comments: