9.04.2008

Grandpa's Birthday

I had a fabulous Labor Day weekend and I hope you all did too! I haven't posted any recent pictures of my projects due to all the exciting happenings going on in the Stampin' Up! world. ;-) But I got to stamp this weekend and thoroughly enjoyed myself! I went to my mom's house and stamped Saturday away with her and my sister-in-law.

I always have trouble coming up with masculine cards. I just like all the girly stamps, what can I say? But my Grandfather is turning 83 this month so I wanted to make a special card for him. My grandfather and I are very close and I spent most of my summers with him in California when I was growing up. We went fishing, worked in his garden, went camping and just enjoyed spending time together. He is not as active as he used to be but he still loves to garden and cans or preserves most of what he grows. He is also an incredible cook and makes the most delicious Portuguese Beans you have ever had! (I am not really a bean or chili person but I love his). He is full-blooded Portuguese (his parents immigrated to the states at the turn of the century from Portugal) and he loves to tell me all about our heritage.

So I started to flip through the new catalog for ideas of what kind of card I could make for one of the most precious people in my life. I love that our catalog is full of so many samples and ideas, don't you? I came across pg. 53 and the Loads of Love stamp set. I LOVE this set! It is so versatile and masculine but it can also be very girly if you want it to be! I like the card sample on that page. So after tweaking the colors a bit and changing some of the embellishments, this is what I came up with! Enjoy!

RECIPE: CS--Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss, Chocolate Chip, & Whisper White; Stamps--Loads of Love; Ink--Kiwi Kiss, Chocolate Chip, Creamy Caramel, Baja Breeze & Tangerine Tango; and Embellishments--Hemp & Copper Hardware (non-SU!).

No comments: