3.25.2008

March Stamp Club Meeting

We made two cute cards tonight at Stamp Club. I am so sorry that so many of you missed the meeting! If you missed out you can set up a time with me (before the 31st) and we will make the cards we made tonight or I can make them for you. Just let me know!

Since the Tidbit of the Week was about color I decided to experiment a bit with color. The first card we did was using the "Rock 'n Roll" and "Stampin' Off" techniques. We used the Tart & Tangy stamp set that I just can't get enough of, it is so fun. I wanted to use colors I wouldn't normally choose right away for this card. So I came up with Wild Wasabi (which I love so much that I bought a dress coat in the same color, talk about looking for inspiration in your closet), Night of Navy and Pumpkin Pie. They look great together and are so eye-catching.

Recipe: Stamps: Absolutely Fabulous & Tart & Tangy; CS: Wild Wasabi, Whisper White, Night of Navy and Pumpkin Pie; Ink: Apricot Appeal (inside of orange), Pumpkin Pie (outside of orange) & Night of Navy; Embellishments: Metallic Brads (silver)
Here's how to "Rock 'n Roll"
1. Tap stamp on light-colored ink pad. This is where we "Stamped off", we inked the orange and than stamped onto scratch paper lightly than moved to step 2.
2. Press edges of stamp in a rolling motion on darker ink pad, being careful not to ink the center of the stamp.
Quick Tidbit: Always use the lightest colored ink first to avoid getting dark ink on your light ink pad. I recommend staying in the same color tone or you can risk messing up your ink pads.

The second project used two of my favorite colors--pink and brown--I just love that combination. I added to it Gable Green and the colors reminded me of ice cream, YUMMY!! Thanks Susan for the color inspiration for the card, I don't think I would of added the green if I hadn't seen you do it first!

Recipe: Stamps: Define Your Life & Defining Alphabet; CS: Chocolate Chip, Gable Green & Whisper White; DSP: Pretty in Pink; Ink: Gable Green & Chocolate Chip; Embellishments: Chocolate Chip Twill Ribbon & Silver Hodge Podge Ribbon Sliders; Tools: Cutter Kit.

I will see you all at April's Stampers 30 Club on April 29th!

No comments: