3.24.2008

Tidbits on Stamping Bliss #1

I hope you all had a wonderful Easter! We had a joy-filled day spent with family and friends. As I was thinking again this past week of ways to make this site more customer friendly and helpful the idea of a weekly tidbit of information popped into my head. Please let me know if anything is helpful or send me a question that you would like to see answered in a future tidbit. I will try to post this each Sunday or Monday (but please forgive me if I don't quite succeed). :)

Okay, for the first Blissful Tidbit we are going to talk about COLORS!! Now as you all know, or should know, or are just learning, Stampin' Up! has fabulous colors. We have four color families--Bold Brights, Earth Elements, Rich Regals & Soft Subtles--which means 48 glorious colors. Add to it the Neutral collection and the In Color Collection, new each year and the possibilities are endless. Since everything coordinates so well it should be easy to put colors together, right?

How many times have you gone to make a card or start a scrapbook page and you get color block? You know what I am talking about, just like writer's block but this time you can't think of a single color combination that looks great. Or if you are like me, you get stuck in a color rut, where you make project after project using the same colors. So here's some great tips to help you out.

1. Look in the Stampin' Up! catalog and mini catalogs for unique color combinations. Don't be afraid to substitute one color for another.

2. Purchase the Color Coach (pg. 162 S/S catolog) for a huge array of color choices.

3. Look in your closet for great color ideas. What colors are in your favorite outfit? Or shoes? Look around your house at the colors you've chosen to decorate with.

4. Look in other magazines of cards, scrapbooking and papercrafts for ideas. Even decorating magazines have great color combinations to choose from.

5. Look outside or in a garden. God has a beautiful sense of color to inspire us!

So don't be intimidated by color block or getting stuck in a rut, look at the world around you and you will find all the inspiration you need! My color inspiration for this week is my fabulous new blog! By the end of the week I hope to have a fun project pictured showcasing these fabulous colors.



CS: Ruby Red, So Saffron, Certainly Celery, Soft Sky & Very Vanilla

No comments: