3.15.2008

March Projects

We had a wonderful time this morning at the March Project of the Month Class. If you missed out there is still time to have a one-on-one stamping session or a workshop where I can feature these projects. Plus there is always April's Project!! I enjoyed "playing" with the ladies this morning. We had delicious treats for breakfast, warm coffee and tea and lots of ideas flowing around the table.

Our first project was this adorable card using the new "Summer Picnic" DSP in the Occasions Mini. I love the colors in this paper--Real Red, Old Olive, Bashful Blue and Pumpkin Pie-- plus the fruit designs are pretty cute too. I got to play with my brand new scallop punch which arrived this week just in time for my class and we learned how to make the scallop edge using the corner rounder punch (with the guard taken off).

Recipe: CS: Real Red, Whisper White, Old Olive, Bashful Blue; DSP: Summer Picnic; Embellishments: Black Brads from the Vintage Pack; Tools: Crafter's Tool Kit, 1 3/8" Circle Punch, 1 1/4" Circle Punch, Scallop Punch and the corner rounder.

Next we made the 'You crack me up card' pictured on the Project of the Month post below. That was a bit of a challenge at first but once everyone had the concept down it was a breeze. It is such a cute card! I love the stamp set-- A Good Egg.

Next we made the Peek-a-Boo Candy Pouch that was featured on Split Coast Stampers this week. It was a bit of a challenge getting the scoring lines just right on the base for the pouch. We just used scrap paper I had laying around (not really much of a recipe since everyone had different colors for their pouches.


Last we made the 2-5-7-10 Pinch Box. Since it was a Peek-a-Boo class we added a window to the box to show off the candy on the inside. Way too cute! I was inspired by another box I had covered with printed paper a while ago and that is what gave me the color palette. Although who doesn't love pink? The box proved to be a bit of a challenge but probably only because it was the last project of the morning. :)

Recipe: CS: Chocolate Chip, So Saffron, Pretty in Pink; Embellishments: White Grosgrain Ribbon, Tools: Crop-a-dile, Scallop punch, 3/4" circle punch, corner rounder punch (without the guard).


I cannot wait until next month's class! Keep checking back to my website I will post the information, pictures and dates for April's Project of the Month. Let me know how much fun you had ladies! If you attended the class and you post a comment before March 28th, you will be entered into a drawing for a free retired stamp set of your choice!

No comments: