3.23.2009

Faux Alligator

Okay before I get into the "Faux Alligator" technique, I wanted to let you all know that we got a camera. Apparently my whining about not having a camera to take pictures with and update my blogs (yes that is plural, I have a couple of bogs) and our upcoming vacation, paid off. Saturday my husband took me off of the Island to get my dream camera. I am so excited!



I was a photographer in high school and took quite a few photography classes in college. Unfortunately with the innovation of digital photography came the demise of my old, film SLR camera. I was heart broken but at the time could not see investing thousands of dollars into a new digital SLR. So I bought a few cheaper digital cameras until we could afford another SLR. Well I finally got it. Yippee!! I am so excited. But since I am having to get familiar once again with aperture, shutter speed, program mode, light meters, etc. I am going to borrow a few pictures from one of my best customers!

So for this months technique for Stamp Club we learned "Faux Alligator". This may look complicated but it is so simple. I first saw this technique on Jackie Topa's blog. Here is a PDF file of hers that you can download or just scroll down below the picture for directions. For my Stamp Club members you will receive your instructions and sample with your orders this month.

We made very cute little purses using Chocolate Chip Cardstock. These are so fun. You can make this same purse a "manly" briefcase by adding some hodgepodge hardware to give it a masculine appeal. Or add a flower or some of our decorative brads to dress it up.



Technique:
1. Cover area with versamark.
2. Cover versamark with embossing powder (we used clear).
3. Use your bone folder to draw lines diagonally across the cardstock through the embossing powder. Don't worry about keeping them straight. If they are crooked they look more realistic.
4. Emboss with the heat tool.
5. Voila! Faux alligator skin!

No comments: