8.28.2007

Snowflakes in August

Crazy I know but I just got all my holiday stamps in and couldn't wait to try them out. So tonight I took a moment to get creative. I absolutely love these new In Colors! There isn't a single one that I don't like, well okay, so I wasn't into the River Rock at first, but the more I play with it, the more I love it. Tonight I decided to play with the blues--Blue Bayou and Soft Sky. They look so nice together. So I took out my brand new The Snowflake Spot set and broke it in tonight.

I used Blue Bayou and Soft Sky cardstock for this card. I used Blue Bayou (the Versamark pad would of given the same effect) and Whisper White ink and white embossing powder (I am all about embossing now that I have played with it a little more). I used Whisper White ribbon and vintage brads. Yes I used the crop-a-dile with this one too! I used it to punch a hole in the ribbon so I could get the brad in easier.

The second card was done with Soft Sky, Blue Bayou and Whisper White cardstock. I used Soft Sky and Blue Bayou ink. This is the same stamp set as the first card. It always fun to see how many cards and ideas you can get from one set. I like the simplicity of both cards.

No comments: