9.12.2007

Ornament Experiment


I recently purchased the On Board Trimmings Chipboard set from the Holiday Mini catalog. I will admit it stayed in its package for quite a while before I actually opened it. Than I wasn't sure how to use it or what to do with it. Once I got some advice and suggestions on how to use it I decided to give it a try. Now? I love chipboard and cannot wait to see what else I can come up with.

Recipe: On Board Trimmings Chipboard. Paper: Wintergreen Designer Series, Sage Shadow, and Whisper White. Ink: Sage Shadow and Whisper White. Silver Elastic Cord (Holiday Mini), certainly celery ribbon, white embossing powder and Silver eyelets. Tools: Crop-a-dile (of course), sanding blocks, embossing gun and Modge Podge Glue (decoupage glue).

I traced the paper to fit the chipboard and than cut it out (I did use a hobby blade for the scallops). I lathered on the glue (make sure you are in a very well, ventilated room) and placed the paper on top. It takes a few minutes to dry. Once it was completely dry I used the sanding blocks to smooth the paper and the chipboard. Than I just began to create. I had so much fun! I cannot wait until I have a little more time to see what else I can create.

No comments: